Voices on Dante's Inferno
A Journey towards the 700th Anniversary of the Poet’s Death
Voci sull'Inferno di Dante: Viaggio verso il settimo centenario
To mark the 700th anniversary of Dante’s death, the Institut für Italianistik of the University of Basel and the Center for Italian Studies with the Devers Family Program in Dante Studies at the University of Notre Dame have organized a critical reading of the Inferno under the direction of Professors Maria Antonietta Terzoli (Basel) and Zygmunt Barański (Notre Dame) and Dr. Vincenzo Vitale (Basel). The events will take place at the University of Basel in a series five meetings, each of two and a half days, that are scheduled for the Spring and Autumn between March 2019 and March 2021.Invited speakers will include Simone Albonico, Erminia Ardissimo, Andrea Battistini, Francesco Bausi, Theodore Cachey, Ambrogio Camozzi Pistoja, Stefano Carrai, Catherine Keen, Simon Gilson, Claire Honess, Giorgio Inglese, Franziska Meier, Paola Nasti, Anna Pegoretti, Lino Pertile, Donato Pirovano, Claudia Villa, Heather Webb, and Michelangelo Zaccarello.
Click here to download the poster for the series (PDF, 3.7MB).
Details will be posted below as each date approaches.
- Speakers: Andrea Battisini (Bologna), Simon Gilson (Oxford), Franziska Meier (Göttingen), Lino Pertile (Harvard), and Maria Antonietta Terzoli (Basel)
- Download the program (PDF, 2.7MB).
- The first meeting was written up in Il Corriere degli Italiani (PDF, 611KB).
- Speakers: Zygmunt G. Barański (Notre Dame), Giorgio Inglese (Roma La Sapienza), Anna Pegoretti (Roma Tre), Claudia Villa (Bergamo), Michelangelo Zaccarello (Pisa)
- Download the program (PDF, 1MB).